Friday 19 December 2014

Adventures in: NYC Day Four.

It's getting too close to the end now, I never want to leave!

We had a rather late start this morning thanks to that bottle of wine and few rather large whiskeys, I was not fully alive when I woke up!
We headed through Times Square to Evergreen diner on 47th. It's one of those stereotypical American city diners, looked a tad run down but it's really a hidden gem. The portions were huge and the food was delicious. After letting the feast settle we hit the subway back to the best place on earth... Macy's.
We literally only went in to see if they had an MK shirt I wanted, while I was checking mum went off to find the plus sizes. After being told they had none left in the building I went to find mum. I came across her in the Micheal kors section. Who knew that designers did plus sizes? Even the mannequins were big and to top of my excitement I found my shirt!! 



Over an hour later and I've left with a whole outfit from MK, a Calvin Klein jumper and a jacket! The joys of being a size that both plus and normal ranges carry. Sadly the most beautiful jacket ever was too big for me :( Although, we're heading out to queens to hit another Macy's.
You can really tell the difference between boroughs when you cross the Hudson, queens is so refreshing compared to Manhattan, it feels so much more open and the air is that little bit fresher. The queens centre reminds me of a small town shopping centre it's not massive but has a great range of stores. Surprisingly I didn't buy anything, the overpowering scents in bath and body works had me running for the door in less than five minutes! The hunt for this Calvin Klein jacket continues. After spending nearly an hour in macy's I left empty handed, had a quick wander around Michael kors but that was it. Americans are so nice, I've been complimented so many times today! It really brightens your day.


After a long and crammed subway ride home, we took an hour before heading out for tea.
Tip: Avoid the subway around rush hour, unless your comfortable with no personal bubble for the entire journey.
Tonight we went to Kat'z Deli, it's been featured on man vs. food and diners drive ins and dives. The queue was surprisingly non existent, we were waiting for no longer than a minute to be seated and snagged the last table, again!

The walls are coated in photos of celebrity visitors, everyone from Elvis to Clinton. The place has a authentic vintage feeling so you can really tell it's been going over 100 years, they still uses the old school deli ticket system.



Considering the place was full, there was only one waiter so service initially took a little longer than normal. After 50 years of wanting one dad finally got to live his childhood dream and order pastrami on rye in New York, I got the same with Swiss cheese and mum got a Rubén. Oh my Jesus! These sandwiches live up to their reputation, they were huge! It's like that feeling you get after Christmas Dinner just with meat sweats!

Finally back in the hotel curled up with a whiskey, watching night at the museum contemplating visiting the natural history museum tomorrow.

See you tomorrow.
R x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik