Tuesday 16 December 2014

Adventures in: NYC Day One.

Guess where I am?

Im currently blogging from 43rd & 8th. 

As a graduation present, my mum and dad wanted to take one last proper family holiday and here we are, New York City. I wasn't planning on daily blogging while I'm here, mainly because I don't trust myself to keep up with it. But I'm committing to this, if nothing just to share the wonders of the big apple with the world.
I'm counting today as day one because we arrived in New York at midday, but first let me fill you in on the journey. Our initial flight from Manchester to Heathrow was one of the best flights I've ever had. Massive shout out to the pilot, if only I could remember his name! 
Anyone who has flown through Heathrow knows it's treasure chest that is duty free, I had a sneaky look in Chanel only to depress myself that I will probably never be able to shop there. Only actually spending in Jo Malone, if our connection hadn't had been so soon after we arrived I probably could have spent my life savings.
Finally we were on the plane, 8 hours of no personal bubble and a bum so numb you would have thought it was on drugs. Flying usually is a time of pain for me, my ears go mental in the air, but today on both flights they were fine! I managed to sleep the majority of the flight, without that I'd probably of killed someone.

Finally, were here.




None of us can hack the long haul flights so we decided to go straight to the hotel and get a quick nap in before going running wild round Manhattan, only to be told our rooms wouldn't be ready for over an hour. A Starbucks and quick shop later, we find out our rooms still weren't ready! Lucky for us, I'm a charmer and managed to get our rooms upgraded. I know New York hotel rooms are not huge but I would hate to think of the rooms we were going to have, my university halls were bigger than this! 
But hey, were a block away from Times Square, I can't complain.

Since that nap was a no go by now we decided to just find a restaurant and get an early night in. I know so boring. We ended up at 5 napkin burger on 45th and 9th, Oh my god! If any of you ever find one of these, go! We managed to scoop the last table, and within minutes we had 3 quite beautiful drinks, everyone was happy. 
Dad managed to get a proper ale, mum finally got her root beer float and I had a naughty cocktail, within maybe 10 minutes of ordering, Bam! Food. Even that quick, you could tell it had been freshly cooked. I had chicken and waffles, a weird combination if ever there was one but surprisingly it worked soooooooo well!


After a quick night cap and a strange encounter with a couple who thought I was a new yorker. I am finally in bed and it's only 10pm, but hey, I'm a 90 year old in a 22 year olds body. Tomorrow is when we start getting all touristy and going crazy, but you'll have to check back tomorrow night to see what we get up to :) 

I am 'vlogging' this trip but don't expect the videos up as they happen, I'm not wasting any shopping time on editing! They will probably go up later in the week, more likely when we get home. 

See you tomorrow
R x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik