Wednesday 17 December 2014

Adventures in: NYC Day Two.

Day two in the city that never sleeps, it's insane how many places are open 24/7.

Todays plans were changed by the weather, but despite that the day started out on a high note. I managed to help mum realise that we weren't going to die on the subway! Surprisingly we managed to actually get to the right place on our first attempt!
we started out for breakfast at the best place on earth, Ihop. You can't come to the states without having excessive amounts of pancakes and bacon!


After deciding what we were going to do with our day, we walked up 5th stopping at a few shops along the way. We had a wander around a christmas market in Union Square with a nice warm cup of cider and I only bought one of the many prints I waded through. I ended up with a landscape taken by John Conn, his easy shop has a range of urban photos taken in the eighties after he left the marines.
Making our way up 5th we found the Flatiron building, only to realise the sun was in the worst possible place for photos so we ended up in a Belgian beer house. I had a naughty long island iced tea with a Belgian twist, even I didn't know that beer works in a long island!
Since we were basically underneath it, we decided to go up the Empire state building, forgetting that the weather was not the best! It was so calming at the top looking down on the hustle and bustle of the city, despite the weather the views were amazing! I can only imagine how incredible they would have been if it had been clear. At the top I spotted something, somewhere that called to me... Macy's.



The moment we walked through the door I died. So many handbags! After leaving mum and dad in the cafe I went for a wander with no intention of buying anything really, boy was I wrong. After spending an hour gawping at handbags I will never be able to afford, I found the clothes. I never really look at designer clothes mainly because they don't think women come in sizes bigger than 0. Although, I found so many things in Michael kors I could have spent all the monies! In the end I ended up with a shirt from MK and a jumper from Ralph Lauren, both for under £30 a piece!
I didn't think I had been gone that long but apparently I left mum and dad in that cafe for almost two hours... oops.
Since I'd spent so much time shopping it was getting late so we decided to just grab some food and hit the hay, tonight we went to Southern Hospitality. The food was beautiful and the Guinness was smoother than at home we ended up spending $32 on Guinness alone, but hey, at least our waiter was hot!

I'm all curled up in bed with a night cap watching nickelodeon.

See you tomorrow.
R x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik